MENAGERIE STORYTELLING FESTIVAL
First Annual • Presented By Dragolin Indie Press
Featuring the $1,000 John L.Fournier, Jr Grand Prize
Deschutes Brewery Taproom
Bend, Oregon • November 7, 2020 • Free To The Public
Briar Harvey is an author, podcaster, and systems expert. She delights in telling stories, and believes that systems are what allow people who have a problem to connect with a product or service that solves that problem, not about Inbox Zero and making kittens cry. You can find her at her website, briarharvey.com.
Briar will be performing at Menagerie this November.
Submit your story now and join her.
Menagerie Storytelling Festival & Contest
Can you tell a good story?
Storytelling connects humanity.
We humans have been sitting around campfires and kitchen tables for eons, using our voices to connect us through our experience.
If you are a natural born storyteller, a gifted orator or just a great talker that’s been looking for a place to showcase your talents, this is a great place for you to be.
The Menagerie Storytelling Festival brings together truth-tellers, aural enchanters, storytellers, spoken word and sound story makers into an exploration of
what it means to be human.
The Festival, premiering in Bend, OR November 7, 2020, was created to give a wide reaching platform for artists and performers to create while also providing a venue for talented and emerging storytellers to be seen.
Think This American Life meets Prairie Home Companion meets The Moth, but in portable in audiobook form, plus an ebook version published simultaneously. (Due out early 2021)
2020 Theme: Sweet and Salty
Any way you care to spin this idea is fair game! These are just some starting questions.
“Storytelling describes the social and cultural activity of sharing stories, sometimes with improvisation, theatrics, or embellishment. Every culture has its own stories or narratives, which are shared as a means of entertainment, education, cultural preservation or instilling moral values.” Wikipedia
Menagerie is for you if you:
• are a person who likes to talk and communicate A LOT about ideas
• love to tell a good story
• are looking for a credible way to gain exposure
• are a performer or speaker looking for bona fide performance opportunities
• want to have a concrete way to share your piece with festivals, events and booking agents
• have important ideas to share
• enjoy teaching via story
• love to entertain with storytelling
• also enjoy the idea of becoming a published author (finalists will be filmed at the event and can choose to be included int he subsequent book and audiobook)
The Menagerie Storytelling Festival 2020 is open for submissions.
Selected finalists will be invited to the live event as well as in the running for the Grand Prize of $1,000.
Finalists will be notified August 1, 2020.
“Storytelling is the process of using fact and narrative to communicate something to your audience. Some stories are factual, and some are embellished or improvised in order to better explain the core message. While this definition is pretty specific, stories actually resemble a variety of things.” Hubspot
As a performer, you will:
• Be featured in the Menagerie Storytelling Festival Compendium audiobook production as a standalone chapter
• Also be published as a chapter in The Menagerie Ebook on Amazon- you'll be a published author as well as a performer!
• Earn quarterly royalties on book sales from both the ebook and audiobook.
• Be featured on our website with your bio and links to your content
• Have the opportunity to perform live at the Menagerie Storytelling Festival on November 8, 2020 in Bend, OR